Our safeguarding commitment
We believe that
- The people that we support, should never experience abuse of any kind.
- We have a responsibility to promote the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults, to keep them safe and to practise in a way that protects them.
We recognise that
- The welfare of the people that we support, is paramount in all the work we do and in all the decisions we take.
- Working in partnership with the people that we support and their parents, carers and other agencies is essential in promoting their welfare.
- All people, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation have an equal right to protection from all types of harm or abuse.
- Some people are additionally vulnerable because of the impact of previous experiences, their level of dependency, communication needs or other issues.
Extra safeguards may be needed to keep people who are additionally vulnerable safe from abuse.
Both Melios, and our parent company Healios, will ensure that helping people to be safe is at the heart of our work and a key priority across all areas of the organisation. We will do our absolute best to keep the people that we support, safe from harm.
To contact our safeguarding team, email firstname.lastname@example.org between 9am and 5pm on weekdays.